Frequently Asked Question'sWe know you can't get enough of our award winning pies. So here's the answers to our most frequently asked questions!
How to bake our unbaked pastries at home?
Note: these instructions are for our UN-BAKED Range, not for the re-heating of our Pies and Pastries.
When Baking our handcrafted Gourmet Pastries, we recommend that you take the product out of the freezer and place it in your fridge several hours before baking.
When you’re ready to bake:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees celsius.
2. When the oven has come to temperature, place the pastries on a greased oven tray, make sure they are evenly spaced.
3. Cook for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. (Please note that all ovens vary so cooking times will vary).
How do i reheat pies at home?
For re-heating Australia’s Greatest Pies follow these tips:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees celsius.
2. Place the pies on a greased oven tray, make sure they are evenly spaced.
3. Re-Heat for 15-20 minutes until hot. (Please note that all ovens vary so oven times will vary).
fabulous Parker Pies have already been cooked so all you need to do when you’re ready to re-heat i
How Do I know which pie is which?
We have created fantastic pie legends to help you know which pie is which. For example the Emu pie pictured here is identified by the Map of Australia on top.
For our Bake At Home Range please click here.
How can i buy your pies to take home?
Absolutely, All our pies and Gourmet Pastries travel in our eskies extremely well weather Cold or frozen. You may pre order over the phone or simply come into the Bakery (when we are re-opened) and purchase them from one of our AMAZING team members.
How long can I travel with my pies for?
Well as long as you keep them frozen , we have ice blocks available when you purchase your pies.
How do I get my products home?
The best way would be to bring your Esky along with you or purchase one of our Cooler bags and ice blocks. complimentary when you purchase 12 Gourmet pastries or 4 family pies
We Sell Incredibly Tasty Pies
Parker Pies in Rutherglen is a family owned and operated business which was established by Fred and Bernadette Parker in 1996. The business has grown considerably since then and now occupies a prime retail site in Rutherglen’s Main Street. Parker Pies’ reputation and success has been built on:
- Using the freshest and local ingredients (where possible)
- Producing a range of delicious, award-winning pies encased in a crisp, golden pastry
- Great staff
- Genuine country hospitality
- And of course, great coffee!
Gourmet Pastry Varieties
Parker Pies Rutherglen employs 18 local residents to staff a business that sells over 250,000 pies and pastries per year! In